Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Assignment and Assessment
Graduation Plan Assignment #1
Create a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation outlining the requirements for graduation
Your presentation should include the following:
- the course requirements of the graduation program,
- the ways in which you can earn credit toward graduation (8)
- the names and examples of the 12 courses (from grade 10-12) that are required for graduation
- the 5 required Provincial exams
- the 8 Focus areas of Graduation Program
Graduation Plan Assignment #2
Evaluate which TWO career/education focus areas appeal to you. Create a “career map” for each of the focus areas.
Your career map should include:
- at least 3 options of potential careers per focus area,
- and 2 post-secondary programs that each of the focus areas .
- the courses that are required for each post-secondary program,
- how the courses connect to or demonstrate the focus area.
- a bibliography of all sources, INCLUDING websites, used in your research.
Graduation Plan Assignment #3
Complete a YELLOW course selection form for your grade 11 and grade 12 years.
You can get the YELLOW forms from the counselling office.
Take this short quiz to learn which industry might suit you best
It is expected that students will:
- identify the course requirements for the Graduation Program
- identify ways of earning credits for the Graduation Program (e.g., in-school courses, external credits)
- identify the exam requirements for the Graduation Program, including required and optional exams
- describe the Focus Areas in the Graduation Program
- describe how one or more Focus Areas of interest relate to education and career options