Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Students will use a social psychology perspective to analyze and evaluate a modern era cult. They will also answer these big questions about cults:
- What are characteristics of cults?
- How do cults use these traits to gain followers?
- How are cults different from mainstream religious organizations?
- What is the social impact of cults on individuals?
- What is the social impact of cults on society?
Why do People Join Cults?